A Positive Attitude On Life Can Make You Happier
Our outlook and attitude on life in general, play an enormous part in if we are happy. We have a tendency to look at life to determine how successful we can become. Someone who thinks empathically about everything can be a lot more relaxed, calm and smile more than somebody who is always betting on the dreadful aspect, who lets stress get to them and who perpetually wears a frown.
Not only will how you think and feel have an effect on you, it also affects those around you, in short our mood affects our day. Developing and keeping a positive outlook is essential if you would like to have a positive and fulfilling life.
There are several ways in which you’ll be able to develop an additional positive outlook and start to alter how you think and feel regarding the countless things that you encounter in daily living. Changing your perspective and not shifting back into negative thinking can take time however eventually the new outlook will become a habit of sorts. There are five main key points to bear in mind while developing your outlook.
1. Turn your manner of thinking into a positive one and apply positive thinking on a daily basis. You should set your mind on finishing one task at a time and think solely of a positive outcome and how excited you’ll feel after you have completed the task. Never relinquish to doubt and let yourself believe that you simply have taken too much on. Just keep going.
2. Don’t let your conversations turn negative, while talking with others. It’s simple to let others discourage you, particularly if they have a negative outlook on life. Don’t be tempted to fall back into your old ways that, in turn, will increase negative thinking. Think in a positive manner and look for the great in everyone and any scenario.
3. Look for the positive in those around you and point it out, this way you’ll be able to encourage a positive perspective all around you.
4. Whatever you are doing in your daily life continuously search for the positive aspects in it. Although it may be an uneventful task that you usually hate doing and one that leaves you feeling negative, try to realize one thing about it that turns it into an additional positive scenario.
5. Never let yourself become distracted or misled into going back to negativity, it takes some time to change the approach you are using and think about the positive if you have been down on yourself as well as the world for an extended amount of time. Your new outlook on life can take a moment to register and remain in your subconscious.
You will notice over time that a lot of areas of your life are often transformed simply by an ever-changing outlook from a negative one to a positive approach. You will notice that your self-esteem improves, you become more social, and you will feel happier and are more positive than ever before. You are ready to tackle the tasks you once despised without them creating more stress and anxiety in your life. In addition, your relationships with others will improve. These are simply a few of the areas where you can self-improve and gain an increased positive outlook and therefore lead a more positive life.
Recognize And Develop Your Self-Worth
Realizing your self-worth has nothing to do with checking your bank balance, it is about you, the person you are in life. We provide others respect, love, and consideration, however, how much time do we tend to provide ourselves? However, you rate yourself relies on the self-esteem you have. Your self-esteem shows how much you actually value yourself. Healthy self-esteem leads to independence, happiness, flexibility, and the ability to adapt easily to alter negative aspects of your life. Positive self-esteem also gives you a positive outlook on current situations you may be facing. Unhealthy or low self-esteem alternatively leads exclusively to irrational thoughts, unhappiness, fear of the unknown, hardheartedness, becoming defensive and a negative outlook on life in general.
How we have a tendency to see ourselves has an enormous amount to do with how others see us. If we are happy, smiling and full of determination then others will want to be around you. If we respect ourselves and portray this then others can respect us too, after all, how can you elicit respect from others if you don’t even respect yourself? Therefore, finding and developing your self-worth is essential in developing your self-esteem.
If you have a high self-esteem, you’ll see positive traits in yourself:
- You are secure regarding who you are and believe in your talents
• You allow yourself to have positive and supportive relationships with others.
• You don’t have problems showing your feelings in relationships
• You are ready to acknowledge and feel pride in yourself for your achievements in life
• You are simply in a position to forgive yourself for mistakes and additionally forgive others
Similarly, if you have issues with self-worth or low self-esteem then you’ll follow a definite pattern in your thoughts
• You lack belief in yourself and are terribly insecure
• You have problems showing and receiving intimacy in relationships
• You mask your true feelings in all aspects of your life.
• You never acknowledge and provide yourself credit for your accomplishments
• You have difficulty in forgiving others as well as yourself.
• You resist change at each impasse in your life.
Cultivating Your Self-Worth
There are lots of ways in which you’ll boost your self-esteem and morph into a more positive and healthy outlook concerning yourself. Some tips for developing and boosting your self-worth include:
• Don’t take other people’s criticism to heart, instead, listen to what they’re saying and learn from it.
• Take some time out for yourself every day, meditate, look inside yourself and understand all your positive points and imagine changing your outlook on yourself.
• Celebrate and pat yourself on the back with every achievement, no matter how small.
• Do something every day that you get pleasure from, such as talking a walk in the sunshine or soaking in a bath.
• Never deprive yourself of something you fancy, if you know you shouldn’t be doing it, then do it anyway.
• Talk positively to yourself, repeat positive self-talk to rid yourself of all negative thoughts and feelings.
Life Lessons on How to Stay Positive
Five of my favorite lessons from Nelson Wang
- Learn one new thing a day – This could be one word from a new language, a scientific fact, a life hack, or anything else that you’re interested in. Over time, this will shape you into awesomeness.
- Focus only on the present – stop regretting the past. Stop worrying about the future. Focus on the now. Feel the sun on your face. Feel the wind behind on your back. Hear the wind as it blows the tree branches. Dig your toes into the sand. Listen when people talk.
- Learn to let go – mistakes happen. Don’t drill on it. Life isn’t perfect. Think of any issues you run into as “speed bumps” – they make the ride a little uncomfortable but you’ll get through it.
- Learn to say no – you can’t do everything for everyone. Stop spreading yourself thin. Learn to say no. Focus on a few things and be great at those.
- Explore the world – Travel the world. It’s a great way to get a fresh perspective on life. Howard Schultz traveled to Europe and fell in love with the coffee shops there. Guess what happened next? He started Starbucks.
~ Holley Jacobs